Benefits of adding the free ‘Book Now’ button
The ‘Book Now’ button provides an easy way for your customers to reserve a table at your restaurant and bring the most important objective of your Facebook page to the most obvious place.
This new (and free) feature enables your customers to take action instantly and reserve their table straight from your Facebook page.
Linking the button to your mobile optimised ResDiary microsite gives your customers an easy, quick way to make the reservation, and a smooth booking experience - without leaving your newsfeed.
We’ve added 5 easy steps below to add a link from your Facebook page to your ResDiary microsite so you can start taking even more commission free bookings immediately!
How to add a ‘Book Now’ button to your Facebook page:1) Copy your restaurant’s ResDiary.com mobile optimised microsite URL by going to the following section of your diary;
2) Log in to your Facebook business page as an administrator and click ‘+ Add a Button’
3) Choose ‘BookNow’ as your call to action and paste the destination URL to your microsite that you’ve already copied from step one. We recommend adding '#booking' to allow the link to default to the availability search.
4) Choose ‘Website’ for IOS destination - this will take customers straight to your microsite in one click. If you have a specific restaurant iTunes app, you can enter this here instead.
5) Select ‘Website’ for the Android destination then click Create. If you have a specific restaurant Android app, you can enter this here instead.
How do I measure results?
Once you've created your button, you can track the number of people who have clicked on it.
There are two ways to see how many people have clicked your Book Nowbutton:
- Hover over your Book Now button and then hover over 'View Insights' to see how many clicks it’s received in the past seven days.