What is overriding the capacity of a table (or join) used for?
Over ridding the capacity of a table is used to ensure that if you need to you can overbook a table and squeeze more diners on to the table than you would usually book it for.
- Deal with real life scenarios when diners turn up with more guests than the booked for and you have no other table to accommodate them on.
- Squeeze additional diners on to tables and increase revenue.
- All tables can be over ridden to any capacity by default.
- Users are given rights to [Override capacity of table/join] or [Override capacity of table/join for current day only] or no rights at all.
- Then user can over ride the capacity of a table via the quick edit process or edit booking process.
- All covers size changes are recorded in the booking history.