Google has recently announced some new features which are a game changer for reservations: Google Posts and Reservations URL
If you have any trouble setting up either posts or the reservation link, please contact us and we'll help you out.
1. Instead of going to Posts, go to Info.
2. Go to "Reservations URL" and add in the correct address.
3. The link should look like this: https://www.resdiary.com/Restaurant/YOUR RESTAURANT NAME FROM RESDIARY?utm_source=GKG&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=GKG+Reservations+Link#booking (Make sure that you change the link to your own microsite name. You can find this by searching your restaurant on www.resdiary.com)
4. You can also add in menus and other information in this section.
You can now add a reservations link to your Google Business listing, allowing customers to take commission-free bookings via ResDiary, directly from the Google homepage.
To do this yourself, please follow the steps below:
(Please note, some users may have a different dashboard in Google, depending on the rate of Google Updates. If you are having any issues, contact the support team)
1. Log in to your Google My Business Account.
(If you don't have a listing, here is the link to set this up)
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Manage Location" (If you have more than one, you will need to do them separately)
3. Click on "Create Post" or click "Post" on the menu on the left-hand-side.
4. Download and use this image to put in the image box: https://sales.resdiary.com/resdiary/uploads/2017/06/resdiary-google-10.png
5. Fill in the required fields:
- Write your post: "Click Below"
- Make your post an event and turn on "Add a button"
- Event title - "Reserve with ResDiary"
- Make the event start now and end date a year from today
- Mark the "reserve" button
- If you want to track your reservations, add this code to the end of your web address: ?utm_source=GKG&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=GKG+Post#booking
- You should also add #booking to the end of the link to make it a better mobile experience
- The final address should look like:
(DO NOT use this exact address. Find your own microsite name on www.resdiary.com and use that)
6. Hit "Preview" to make sure that everything looks good and your reserve link goes to your microsite.
8. Repeat the process for each venue if you have multiple.