- Payments can be set to trigger to reservations within a specified date range for a certain number of guests.
- Payments can be applied either to the booking as a whole or as a per person (cover) charge.
- You can vary the deposit value per day of the week.
- Payments can be set to trigger for a service
Setting up the deposit
Go to Settings>Payments>Deposits
- Ensure Status is "Enabled"
- Add a description to identify what this payment will be used for (this is for internal use only)
- Do not assign to a promotion
- Select the date range
- Select whether you would like to apply to internal bookings too.
- Select if the payment will be applied per cover or per booking
- Click update
Applying a value and other constraints to the deposit
The deposit will then appear in the list of deposits
Click edit next to the relevant deposit
To assign the value to the deposit
1. click add
2. Select the number of covers
3. Select if it is xor less, x or more or exactly
4. Add the value you wish to apply per person/per booking in each day of the week.
5. click save
You can see all the deposits listed as below
Applying a deposit to a service
Alternatively deposits can be applied to the service as a whole, again you can choose to apply per cover or per booking.
Activating payment methods
Ensure your diary is set up to receive and record payments. Go to Settings>Payments>New Booking Process Settings
Turn on all the payment methods you offer in your venue