What is 'Manage Bookings by Channel'?
Manage Bookings by Channel is used by sophisticated operators that want to control the amount of covers and/or bookings that they accept from various different online channels. This feature allows a restaurant to continue to accept bookings via some channels (e.g. their own home page) while closing availability for other channels (e.g. the Resdiary Portal).
- Ensure that 'paid for' bookings are only accepted on days-services that require an additional revenue lift.
- Ensure that you are not paying for bookings when you do not need to because you will be full via free channels.
- Target your marketing expenditure with 100% precision by using this feature with Manage Booking Channels
How Manage Bookings by Channels works
Manage bookings by channel allows you to:
- Add a rule (or rules) that sets an online maximum amount of cover (and / or) bookings) per Day and per Service.
- Add a rule (or rules) that sets a maximum amount of covers (and / or) bookings) per Day and per Service for each individual online channel that is configured to book into your restaurant. Note: In reality it is only necessary to restrict those sites that regularly and heavily book your restaurant.
Activate your Global Online max cover rule by configuring a limit and/or activate your Global Online max booking rule by configuring a limit. Then leave it at that or move on to setup individual rules per booking channel.
Go to Settings> Manage Booking Channels to configure