The promote section of ResDiary provides all the tools to prepare an email or SMS marketing campaign. When scheduling a campaign you can identify your preferred audience via the manage marketing list option.
Before creating a marketing list check your marketing opt-in preferences to ensure you target the correct audience. To check this click here and under opt-in levels.
Customer Contact - Manage Marketing List
To create a marketing list go to promote - customer contact - manage marketing list:
- List name - enter a name (the customer will not see this)
- List description - enter a description (the customer will not see this)
- Marketing list date - this is an optional filter, you can filter customers by the date they booked or visited or keep as all dates.
- List type - select email or SMS (you need to sign up for SMS integration as this is an add-on to a dairy. More information can be found here)
- Include customers that DON'T comply with EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) - we've left this option for you to decide to continue marketing customers who opted into marketing BEFORE the GDPR law came into effect. We recommend you clear this with your lawyer first.
- Notification email address - is optional but will deliver an email notification when the list is completed.
- Venue level opt-in - here is where you select what you have ticked in your privacy settings, if you want to market customers who have opted into venue level tick venue level.
- Include customers that match - If you wish to filter customers you can continue to select any combination from the list and click 'add'
Top Tip - If selecting filters, ensure you select either 'Customers that match all filters' or 'Customers that match any filter'
- Once you have completed the list criteria then click 'Save'
If you entered your email address in notification email address you will receive an email alerting you the marketing list has been built, if not press return to list and refresh the page until the list is built. This will take around 3 minutes to build.
If you want to export the list to a CSV file press export
Please click here for step 2 - How to create an email marketing template.
Please click here for step 2 - How to create an SMS marketing template.