When Stripe is connected with your diary you can dictate that a deposit/payment is required to secure a booking via a particular promotion allowing you to secure both large party and special event bookings.
- Protect your business from late cancellations and no shows
- Card details are stored in a PCI-compliant manner
- Secure bookings for special events and key dates
- Set and communicate your cancellation and no-show policies in a clear manner
- Alert users to cancellations.
How to attach a deposit/payment to a promotion
First, you will need to set up Stripe following this guide.
You can set up deposits in two ways
- Trigger when a Promotion is selected (via promotions)
- Master setting (via deposits)
We advise setting up deposits using promotions to avoid conflict when more than one deposit is active.
You can create the promotion using this guide. Once the promotion is created you can then attach the deposit/payment to it.
Go to settings - payments - deposits - press add:
- Ensure status is 'Enabled'
- Add a description to identify what this payment will be used for (this is for internal use only)
- Attach the promotion to the deposit by selecting it from the drop-down menu
- The date range will disappear as it will follow the validity of the promotion
- Select whether you would like to apply to internal bookings
- Select if the payment will be applied per cover or per booking
- Click update to save
Once a payment has been successfully added to a booking the green payment icon will be displayed.
Payments can be logged against bookings in two ways via Stripe or manually. To set up different payment methods please click here