Reservations - Booking Codes
Booking Codes are handy as a quick guide to what kinds of bookings are due to come in.
They leave an icon in the booking which means you can see what kind of booking it is at a quick glance.
In hotels they can be used to highlight Dinner Bed and Breakfast,Residents, for Restaurants they can be used for Allergies, Special Requests, etc
To add a booking code follow the below steps:
- Booking Codes
- Add your booking code name
- Add a Symbol - symbols that can be used is all alphanumeric excepts (symbols D, L, R, S are system reserved) so these can NOT be used
NOTE: You can only use a symbol once and not for multiple booking codes
TIP: Remember - you can see all your icons descriptions by pressing the L key on your keyboard. See below:
How to add a booking code during the booking
During the booking process you can add in the booking code in the left hand side by clicking on the booking code box:
View a Booking Code
You can view booking codes on the booking itself with the symbol/icon you set the booking code up with see below:
To pull a booking code report follow the below steps:
- Booking report
- Click on the 'booking details' tab at the top left hand side
- On the right hand side filter the information you require
- Make sure you add a filter for 'booking code'
- Select the booking code options you want to run the report for
- Run report
Icons that can be used:
Wheelchair Space needed ♿
Upstairs or Downstairs - no issue ↕