As part of GDPR, we've created a new marketing functionality to allow you to choose the manner in which guests can opt-in to receive marketing communications from you.
From this page, you can choose different opt-in settings for internal and online bookings as well as the marketing opt-in widget.
Customer Contact - Privacy Settings
Go to promote - customer contact - privacy settings:
'Single' or 'Double opt-in' can be explained as follows:
Single Opt-in - This requires the customer to make the choice to be opted-in either online or when booking with you over the phone. In both cases, the options for Email and/or SMS can be selected as the preferred means of communication. Once the guest themselves checks the opt-in box or the staff member checks the box with the customer's explicit permission then no further action is required to include them in future marketing campaigns.
Double opt-in - With this setting in place, the same process applies and the customer will again make their decision to be opted-in. The difference is that once this selection is made, an automatic email will then be delivered to the specified email address to re-confirm their marketing preferences.
In both the cases above, opt-in preferences are captured in a fully GDPR-compliant manner and the following details are stored against the customer's profile.
- Date and Time: This is the date and time of any update to marketing preferences
- Venue: For restaurant groups, the specific venues opted in to will be recorded
- Source: This can be online of internal (for double opt-in this will always be online)
- User: This can be a staff user or guest (for double opt-in this will always be guest)
- IP Address: The IP where the opt-in was made
- Details: This includes the exact text read by the guest or read to the guest when making an opt-in choice
The opt-in levels you set allow customers to opt-in to specific venues in your group and/or opt-in to the whole group.
You can change how the grouo name displays, if nothing is entered, it will default to your registered company name when the diary was built.