Setting up Card details/Tokenisation (via Settings Trigger)
Modified on: Fri, 4 Dec, 2020 at 11:37 AM
What is the Credit Card Tokenization used for?
Credit Card Tokenization (holding a customer's card details) provides a means of taking a customer credit card number via our PCI compliant Stripe gateway.
The tool we have developed allows you to replicate your present processes relating to taking card numbers and communicating your cancellation & no show policies so that both restaurant & guest have total security.
When your restaurant is Stripe enabled you can dictate that a Credit Card is required to secure a booking above 'x' covers or for a particular Promotion allowing you to secure both large party and special event bookings.
- Protect your business form late cancellations and no show
- Store Guest Credit Card Details in a PCI compliant manner.
- Secure bookings of 'x' covers and over by storing a credit card number
- Set and communicate your Cancellation & No Show Policies in a clear manner.
- Alert users to cancellations.
- Allow key staff the rights to Charge Cards when a guest has broken your policy.
How to Set Up Tokenisation
First of all you will have to set up Stripe following this guide.
You can set up tokenisation in two way
- Master Setting (via Payment Settings)
- Trigger when a Promotion is selects (via Promotions)
Method 1 | Master Setting | Payment Settings
This method means that it is always on in the background regardless of time/date/day
1) Go to Settings > Payment Settings
2) Select from the drop down the payment method: Credit Card then select Add New
3) This will automatically take you to the master settings of Credit Card (aka Stripe tokenisation):
This acts as a Master setting for Tokenisation - so if you tick 'Credit card details required for online bookings' it will always ask for card details within these perimeters
Important Things to Consider
You do not want to be caught out by your customer if you charge a card without prior notice.
Therefore, make sure:
- Always include T&C's in your widget
- Set the users that you want to allow the rights to charge cards
- Go to Settings > User Management > Groups > Administrator Privileges
- Tick/Untick "Allow to Charge Cards"
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.