Setting your marketing preferences
As part of GDPR, we've created a new Marketing functionality to allow you to choose the manner in which guests can opt-in to receive marketing communications from you.
These settings can be found via 'Promote' > 'Marketing Settings'
From this page, you can choose different opt-in settings for internal and online bookings as well as the marketing sign up widget.
'Single' or 'Double opt-in' can be explained as follows;
- This requires the customer to make the choice to be opted-in either online or when booking with you over the phone. In both cases, the options for Email and/or SMS can be selected as the preferred means of communication. Once the guest themselves checks the opt-in box or the staff member checks the box with the customers explicit permission then no further action is required to include them in future marketing campaigns.
- With this setting in place, the same process applies and the customer will again make their decisions to be opted-in. The difference is that once this selection is made, an automatic email will then be delivered to the specified email address to re-confirm their marketing preferences.
NB: In both the cases above, opt-in preferences are captured in a fully GDPR compliant manner and the following details are stored against the customers profile;
- Date and Time: This is the date and time of any update to marketing preferences
- Venue: For restaurant groups, the specific venues opted in to will be recorded
- Source: This can be online of internal (for double opt-in this will always be online)
- User: This can be a staff user or guest (for double opt-in this will always be guest)
- IP Address: The IP where the opt-in was made
- Details: This includes the exact text read by the guest or read to the guest when making an opt-in choice
Opt in levels
The opt-in levels set whether you allow customers to opt-in to specific venues in your group and/or opt-in to the group.
NB: We do allow you to set the Group name to display, if nothing is entered, it will default to your registered company name