There are two types of channels available.
These are global channels that can be used when an agreement has been made to offer availability via a 3rd Party booking site such as 'Time Out' or 'Restaurant Circle'
You can create your own custom channels that will be for private use to channel bookings to your restaurant or restaurant group.
Both options offer the advantages of;
- Identifying the source of converted booking e.g. 'Twitter''
- Channeling specific online availability to a separate or hidden part of a website.
- Tracking converted bookings via a channel report.
- Distribution exclusive offers via an email marketing campaign and channeled promotions.
- Enabling membership settings to prompt for member ID's or codes on a private members channels.
Go to >Promote>Online Facilities>Manage Booking Channels
*Please note, if you cannot see the option for 'Manage Booking Channels' you will need to check the menu items accessible via the 'Users' section.
Create a new channel in a few easy steps:.
- Select 'Add
- Name the channel (this will auto-generate a CODE)
- Pick a colour to associate to the channel
- Click the tick icon to save
How to add your code to your booking widget
- On a standard widget
- SourceKey (or Theme) is the unique branding that you will have been provided when (if you are not sure what your theme/ sourceKey is please refer to your welcome document that contains the widget code for your website or contact support
- Id= your four or five-digit unique restaurant ID, if you aren't sure where to find this, see the guide here
- Channelcode= This is the CODE that is provided when creating a unique channel or from the GLOBAL channels i.e 'Facebook' or 'Twitter'
- On a custom configuration widget
- Build your Widget Configurator (Promote > Widget Configurator > Create New Theme > Select your new Channel from the 'Channel Code' drop down menu > Design widget as usual (more on this here)
Report on channel bookings via either the 'Booking Source' report or open a weekly channel summary from the
See below links for editing;